Thursday, December 17, 2009

Sparkle while you eat ...


I have to be honest, I didn't really care for that dining set when my husband first found it after weeks of scouring Craigslist. I'm not sure what was wrong with my eyes at the time ... but I can assure you they are seeing much clearer now. It is a teak Danish Modern dining set by Harry Ostergaard in 1961. I believe we got it for $650.



The Chandelier we got at a garage sale in our neighborhood for $60, it had some missing crystals...actually quite a few. But sometimes you have to put in some effort to end up with something you love for a price you love even more... so we have slowly added vintage crystals , about 25cents - 1.50 each to complete it. For Christmas I went to Target and purchased some long glass icicles, a box for only $6.99. I think it added just the right amount of sparkle without looking tacky ... another great idea I have seen is to hang vintage ornaments from your chandelier as well. With the light bouncing off of it like that it keeps you eyes dancing ;) And make sure to either use fishing wire or pretty ribbon to hang them, or else you'll notice old metal hooks instead of the old pretty ornaments !


2 comments:

  1. Did you post this just so i can sit here and here and be even more jealous of your house?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is gorgeous. I agree about using a bit of imagination with things we find out thrifting. I found a gorgeous leather couch, in like-new condition, but it was minus the hidda-bed. I put in a futon cushion/mattress and now it's perfect. You can visit my blog at www.mydeartrash.blogspot.com. I blog about my thrift store and yard sale finds too.

    ReplyDelete